Thursday 3 October 2013

How to get flawless teenage skin!

OKAY. here I go again. okay, im a college student and in my highschool days yes. I suffered from acne :(((... made me REAALLYYY jealous caus it seemed like I was growing up faster than my friends because I started to get spots wen I was at the baby age of 12 :((((( and all of my friends had the most flawless skin EVAAARRR and they wer all small and skinny, I wasn't overweight but average but damn was I tall! and I started my um cough* cough* lady weeks earlier as well so there was no one I could really talk to about this stuff... umm yer this post today is gonna be mainly for teens I guess as most teens wuld search this kinda stuff (I no I did), yes its a long one but its juicy!!

exercise
many people don't understand how much exercise plays a role in flawless skin, exercise increases blood-flow and trust me, since I started jogging I felt so refreshed! after exercising you also feel very relaxed and the more relaxed you are your hormones arnt as crazy as you are less stressed, this is also a good way to tone your body and loose weight for that perfect s-line! you need to get out there! maybe start dance or some kick-boxing

sleep
make sure your getting sleep! manage your time wisely, maybe even get a journal or set your alarm for what time to do your homework, free time, before yours showers and what time you should start winding down with a good book and stuff like that, and make sure your getting I would say at least 9 or 8 hours of sleep, sleeping is the time when your skin is healing, they don't call it beauty sleep for nothing! gravity plays a good part in sleep, its a LOT better is you sleep on your back!! I cannot stress how much better my skin was wen I developed a habit of sleeping on my back! gravity pulls the skin down tightening the face if you like, and your hair is brushed away from you face so theres not gonna be anything in your skins way. CHANGING PILLOW SHEETS play a HUUUGGGEE roll in my tips, change your pillow case every other day! oils and dirt that come from your hair or even unwashed bodies can rub off on your pillow case and onto your face! now this is another reason to why I said sleeping on your back helps your skin, you face cannot rub against the dirt on your pillow case if you have a new one!

hygiene
now hygiene is a really big roll in this guide as well. STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE! wether ur bored in class and start leaning your face against your hand or not don't!! dirt from you hands rub off surprisingly easily! just quickly have you ever had perfect skin when you go to sleep and then the next morning your starting to get a pimple??? DO NOT TOUCH IT! gently cleanse and then exfoliate the face and tap your face dry, THATS RIGHT NO TOWELS, and gently apply your makeup to cover it up, yes its gross to walk around all day with a pimple on your cheek but never pop a pimple once your starting to develop one, give it a day or two for your skin to try and push all the pus out from the pimple and then with clean hands and tissues carefully pop it, only once you can see the pimple is near to popping anyways, if your not sure how to do this properly without infecting your entire face, go see a dermatologist and ask how it is done properly. if your a girl, digging your nails into this pimple will NOT help, one of the most easy ways to transfer girl onto your face if through nails, I know its horrible but try and keep then short if your not into washing your hands AND nails thoroughly. wash dat hair bitch! u need to keep your skin squeaky clean, you cant do that is oily hair is touching your face all the time, especially if you have a fringe or bang like me when I was in high school, when I lifted up my fringe most of my acne was there!

water
water helps to hydrate from within as well! think of water like natural skin care product. make sure your getting your 8 glasses of water a day! I carry around a litre bottle with me wen I go to school and I just take sips in class throughout the day. its also VERRYYY nice to take a nice hot relaxing bath every now and again. im a shower person to save money but bathing in hot water is very good for the skin, before putting on a facial mask, have a long steamy bathe in ur tub. this helps pores to open up and absorb all of that facial mask magic! I do this every week btw, its nice to feel relaxed every now and again, this lowers stress levels even further, helping oil and sebum control.

products
okay my number one tip with products is don't get too excited wen u first start off with buying skincare products okay?! do not use all of your money on these fancy skincare products that cost 20 bucks for like 30g, u need to look at the ingredients!! why do you think the ingredients section on a skincare product is always in the smallest text? because they may contain alcohol! alcohol is the worst sinner in skincare, ESPECIALLY for teens. even if it works for the moment in the long run, it damages your skin so sooo much! stay away from it!
for moisturizer I would go for more light ones like gel moisturizers that don't feel like your rubbing a block of butter on your face and something that's gonna control your oil and sebum.
I got pimples in the first place caus of my big sister telling me and making me excited about make up from a young age, and lending me products, and putting on makeup for me, well no. it did not make me pretty. when friends lend you products make sure you know what is in them and how its gonna react to your skin! check with a dermatologist about what type of skin you have and what will work well with it!

















cleansing
its important to cleanse daily to get rid of that extra oil from that mug of yours! but then over-cleansing will harm your skin just as much, especially for dry skin! I cleanse my face twice daily, in the morning and at night, this is a pretty much full-proof routine. towels are a no no! towels will suck up all the moisture you could of gotten from the water! dry your hands and neck with a clean towel and tap dry, or even apply your light moisturiser whilst your face is still wet, this creates a layer of moisture that helps your skin to suck up all the goodness!


so that has been everything I could think of this week, if I think of anymore tips and advise I will post them! hope you guys found me useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment